Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Do you know how to Country dance? If not, you're missing out on one of the most cool and useful things to do that are hot right now. Country dancing here in Arizona is as popular as ever! With bars like Dierks Bentley's Whiskey Row in Scottsdale, Buffalo Chip in Cave Creek and San Tan Flat in Queen Creek, takers can go Country dancing almost anywhere in Phoenix. Before you get on the dance floor yourself though, get a few private Country dance lessons under your belt to make your experience that much more fun!
What dances should you request to learn in your Country dance lessons? Here are the most popular must-have dances and a little about why you should know them prior to making your way onto the dance floor.
Country Two Step: The Country Two Step is your staple mid-tempo Country dance that will be used about 50% of the time when you go Country dancing. The basics are easy to learn and the dance is literally based on walking, so if you can shuffle your feet in four directions, you can learn to Country Two Step in no time. What makes this dance exciting and key to know is that there are many fun turns and variations of the basic elements that "spruce up" the Two Step. What may seem basic can evolve into something really lively with some Country dance instruction. Keep this on your list of dances to ask for when taking lessons so that you can have all of your bases covered on the dance floor.
Country Swing: Country Swing right now is the most popular Country dance in Arizona to know! Everyone seems to want to learn all of the exciting flips, dips and tricks that Country Swing can offer. My suggestion? Start with the basics. Learn the timing of the dance and how to apply it to a social dance floor. Explore with a qualified instructor how to dance while being mindful of others so that no one gets hurt. Discover appropriate moves that will keep your partner's arms in their sockets while still having a good time. Be safe, not just trendy.
What is wonderful about the Country Swing is that knowing it means that you can also use this dance and apply it to different genres of music with just a few tweaks. Swing is a need-to-know Country dance that will keep you on the dance floor all night long.
Line Dancing: If you're getting ready to sign up for Country dance lessons, it is not a bad idea to also ask if your instructor can show you a few popular Line dances. Right now, the Wobble Baby, Copperhead Road and the Cupid Shuffle are in style. While all of these are not necessarily Country dances, they are being played often at the Country bars, making them must-have's and therefore added to the list.
Line dancing is good to know for several reasons. First, if your partner isn't in the mood to dance, or if you don't have a set dance partner, Line dancing allows you to get up and have fun anyway. No need to rely on anyone else to dance for Line dancing! Also, many of the Line dances have elements in them that you can use for freestyle, or solo dancing, in general. Line dancing is a great stress reliever and allows you to join in the fun with others freely.
Now that you know more about which dances to learn, come try out Dance FX Studio's New Student Offer for lessons. We are located in the Phoenix East Valley, just off of the 101 highway, making us easy for anyone in the Valley to come and check us out. Private Country dance lessons are available to you through us six days a week by appointment. Give us a call at 480-968-6177 to set up your introductory lesson and let the fun begin!
P.S, If you're looking for a way to get started learning to dance at a discount rate, take advantage of Dance FX Studio's Black Friday dance deals on Friday, November 28 and Saturday, November 29th, 2014 only.
Thursday, November 20, 2014
social dance lessons was to stay in your living room or kitchen and dance there, then all may be well. But, most people try Country, Latin or Swing dances for other reasons, like expanding their social circles, finding someone special, or to get off the couch and be around others with similar interests. Regardless of why you began dancing, you can ultimately (sooner rather than later) dance with confidence by following this advice...
1. Start Small: When you're new to dance, a very important element to acclimating yourself to a dance venue outside of the comfort of the studio where you are taking lessons, is to simply watch for the first few times that you go out. Watching will give you an idea of the quality of dancers and whether you want to try and fit into that crowd or not. For example, there are several Country dance bars here in Arizona that attract very wild dancers. They are often doing tricks, lifts or flips that let you know they are not mindful of others. This may not be a place where you choose to try your Two Step or Country Swing dancing out for the first time.
If you find a place that you like, start with one dance and keep it simple. Less is always more until your first success. From there, feel free to layer on one new move each dance until your confidence rises over time. This is not a one-night deal. Stick to it. The results will come.
Another good idea when you are heading out dancing for the first few times is to find a night that may be slower. Less people equals less confusion and need for strong navigation skills. Once you begin to feel comfortable, you can begin going out on busier nights and build from there.
Lastly, request a song that you know when you are ready to get out on the dance floor. This will bring you back to the studio that you are taking lessons from, which should hopefully ease your mind and relax you.
2. Be Realistic: Remind yourself of what you know, and forget about what you can't remember. It's not a big deal to do the basics over and over again until your confidence rises. Repeating the same dance moves actually helps to solidify them and allows to succeed on your first night out without any added pressure.
If you're lucky enough to know someone who is also learning to social Ballroom dance, you may want to head out dancing together. Better yet, practice for an hour together at home first, then give your dancing a shot. Having a buddy is a great way to enter new territory.
3. Go Out Often: At first you may be shy and nervous, but that will wear off after you frequent the same dance venue multiple times. First, you'll begin to see familiar faces. That is reassuring as well as great way to meet new friends. If you're looking for a potential dance partner, going to the same place often will also be a sign of wanting to take your dancing hobby to a new level, which may be attractive to others who want to do the same. Also, visiting the same dance places, you'll know what to expect. That alone will allow you to get into a groove or rhythm with the venue. Knowing what to expect takes the pressure off of being thrown for a loop unexpectedly.
Social Ballroom dancing is an exciting and rewarding hobby for singles and couples. For Arizona residents who live in or around Phoenix, you can get started with social dance lessons at Dance FX Studios! We have a wonderful New Student Offer that will introduce you to dance in a fun and easy way. Dance FX Studios is near the 101 and 60 highways for your convenience. Give us a call at 480-968-6177 or stop by so that we can help you to become a confident social dancer in no time!
Friday, November 14, 2014
Country dancing...it's fast, furious and tons of FUN! Come discover how to Line dance, Country Swing and Country Two Step dance with us at our NEW group dance classes in Scottsdale. That's right! Whiskey Row in Scottsdale has invited us to be your dance "hosts with the most" every other Thursday at 9 pm, staring again on November 20th, 2014. Come down to Whiskey Row for great drink specials and Country dance lessons with us as a date night or a night out with friends.
Are you looking to become a super-confident Country dancer? Then private Country dance lessons at our studio in Mesa, Arizona will put you on the fast track to being an amazing social dancer. With private Country dance instruction at Dance FX Studios, you will learn how to lead or follow, have a proper dance frame so you know how to hold your partner and get those cool moves that make you stand out with the best of them. As Country music has become so popular in the past decade, the dances that go along with the popular music are must-haves for all Country fans. Soon enough, Country Thunder will be rolling around. Yes...it's almost that time of year again! Why not be prepared this time around and get out on that dance floor for some Two Stepping instead of watching everyone else have fun from the sidelines.
Country dancing is not only easy to learn, but so much fun to use! Whether you are learning the high-energy dances like the Country Swing, or dancing the Country Waltz, social dancing is a wonderful way to connect with others. As we step into the holiday season, there is no better time than now to begin receiving many of the numerous benefits that dancing has to offer. From stress relief to adding romance, social dancing is great to explore as a new hobby.
If you're wanting something new and exciting in your life, come take advantage of Dance FX Studios' New Student Offer for Country dance lessons. We are located in Mesa, AZ, just minutes away from Scottsdale, Gilbert, Tempe and Chandler, Arizona-right off the 101 highway. We're here to create confident social dancers in all of the most popular social dances, from Country to Latin and Swing dancing. So, if you're ready to get started on the most fun activity ever, give us a call today! We're excited to show you how to dance with confidence!
Thursday, November 13, 2014
Is it too early to be mentioning Dance FX Studios Black Friday Deals? We think not! Black Friday at Dance FX Studios in Mesa, Arizona is THE best day of the year for a savings on your favorite hobby: dance! New students and current students will benefit tremendously from shopping in our Online Store for our 24-hour sales event. Get discounts on private dance lessons for Newcomer's, take advantage of our Gift Card promotions and stock up on your dance lessons!Yes! New Year's resolutions are just around the corner and many of you want to be great social dancers in 2015. Why not get a sweet deal now during our Black Friday Savings Event!!
If you see yourself having a blast at a local Country bar in the coming months, then Country Two Step and Country Swing dance lessons are the perfect gift to give yourself, or you and your partner, as the new year approaches. Think about it. If you get started soon, you may even be able to dance well for those holiday dances and New Year's Eve parties. There's no reason to put it off-even if the holiday season is stressful-because social dancing actually relieves stress! Don't pout your way into the holidays this year. Instead, glide your way through the season with a fun and healthy way to spend your time. Whether you are interested in Country dancing, Latin dancing or Swing dancing, you will find that group or private lessons are a wonderful way to unwind a let go of that family drama that the holidays inevitably bring. Maybe this year it's the kids stressing you out, or work. Social ballroom dancing will give you an outlet that will make your worries melt away.
What are the Black Friday Deals that we are offering this year? Well, that remains a secret until Thanksgiving Day! Let's just say that it is the one day of the entire year that you will get the best package offers and discounts. We can tell you that this year, when you share the gift of dance with someone else, you will also get to dance more! That's right! With the purchase of $100 or more in Gift cards, you get a 4 Week Group Dance Course for 2 for FREE!!!! That's a $75 value and includes 4 weeks of FUN...for FREE! So share the excitement of social dancing with those you love this year and get a gift for yourself in return. Group dance classes include the Country Two Step, Salsa, Country Swing and Jitterbug.
The best part of Black Friday shopping for dance lessons is that you can do it online. Avoid the crowds and hassle that comes from leaving home on this busy shopping day and get what you want for your loved ones and yourself from the comfort of your home this year.
Dance FX Studios is located in the Phoenix East Valley. Neighboring cities include Gilbert, Chandler, Tempe and Scottsdale. We are located just off the 101 highway so that you can reach us easily from any part of town. Come make your holidays fun and stress-free with us!
Thursday, November 6, 2014
Congratulations!! Your first dance lesson has been scheduled, and you are one step closer to shining on the social dance floor!!
Now, you may not be quite sure what your private dance lessons are going to entail. You know that you want to check out a little Country Two Step, some Swing dancing and Salsa too, but what about attire and other aspects of the lesson, beyond the dances? As you count down the days to your first lesson or even prepare for your future lessons once you are officially a student, check out these tips to get the best results out of your lessons and dance experience.
- Wear the right shoes. Your shoes are the last thing you want to be thinking about when you are dancing. It is always recommended that you take your lessons in the shoes you plan to wear when you go out social dancing. With that said, you want to make sure that they are not grippy like tennis shoes or boots with rubber soles because this can make it difficult to turn and they are also hard on the knees. Despite their comfort, flip flops are also not a great pick since they can easily slide off your feet. And, ladies, I know you have really cute and sexy heels, but this is the time for your dancing to outshine your shoes! Wear comfortable heels that are 3 inches or lower, preferably with an ankle strap for maximum support. If you are not sure if any of your shoes work, ask your instructor. They will be able to give you some tips and suggestions, so you can enjoy social dancing comfortably.
- Wear non-restrictive clothing. During your lessons, you are going to learn how to use your body in a whole new way. You want enough looseness in your clothing in order to have freedom of movement, but clothes that are not too baggy to the point that your instructor can't see the lines of your body. So, go change into some comfortable and relaxed fitting attire, and get your groove on.
- Be on time. It takes a few minutes to wind down from a long day and switch gears to focus on your lesson, so respect the commitment you made to this new hobby and schedule your lessons at a time that is manageable. You and your instructor need every minute of your lesson time to maximize your learning. Your one hour lesson is also your time to ask questions and schedule your future lessons so you can stay consistent in your progress, so make sure to plan accordingly. Be timely and squeeze every drop of knowledge and fun out of your dance lessons!!
Monday, November 3, 2014
Split lesson (noun): Taking a lesson by yourself without your partner. You can come in together and have separate dance instructors or just come in individually on you own time.
Why would you come separately to your private Country, Latin or Swing dance lesson when your lessons are a time for the two of you to connect? For some, dance lessons are that once-a-week date night you promised each other away from the kids, work and your busy lives. You get to stare into each other's eyes and enjoy a hobby together finally, right? We all know you deserve it! Dancing of course spices up your romantic life, and there is nothing more exciting than that moment when you nail a big move or dance through an entire song for the first time!! Then why on earth would it be a good idea to take your coveted dance lesson apart from your sweetie? Here are some of many perks of doing a split dance lesson:
- Receive individual attention to get all of your questions answered! You and your spouse/significant other are both learning, and sometimes it can feel like the blind leading the blind. Or, sometimes your partner seems to get it faster than you, and that can be frustrating too. It's difficult to resolve all of your questions when you have to share the time with another person. That's why you chose private lessons over group lessons in the first place! Do a split lesson. That way, you can both use your hour of dance instruction on actually getting each of your individual questions answered. Keep in mind that every hour you put in, you are investing in a legitimate skill that you two can enjoy together for years to come. So, why not get the best bang for your buck and time by doing a split lesson every now and then for a faster and longer-lasting learning experience?
- Get helpful tips specific to being a leader or a follower. If you don't know this already, you and your partner have different roles on the social dance floor. The experience and feel is very different from one to the other. That means that you need different instruction, different tools, and different techniques that resonate with you specifically. You will find that it is much easier to see what isn't feeling quite right when you are dancing with your experienced instructors. Also, if you plan on enjoying your dancing with many individuals, it's important to dance with different partners. Your instructor can give you tips that will make you a leader or follower who can dance with anyone!!
- Enjoy dancing together more!! Once both of you polish your own personal dance skills, now it's time to show off what you learned with each other. It's so much more fun and exciting when you can spend most of your lesson time on actually dancing together with a few tips sprinkled in there, rather than one of you standing around while the other is receiving advice.
Enjoy social dance lessons with us at Dance FX Studios in Mesa, Arizona! We can show you all of the popular social dance styles from Line Dancing to Argentine Tango, all under one roof! Check out our Newcomer's Offer for couples or singles if you want to have a blast investing in a hobby that will enhance your life on so many levels. We hope to see YOU on the dance floor with us at Dance FX Studios!