Argentine Tango may be just what the doctor ordered. It's hard to imagine that discovering a dance could be life-changing, but take it from me, it can be! Let's explore…
1. Tango is a challenge. While there are certainly many ways to challenge yourself, from athletics to crossword puzzles, Tango dancing is all encompassing. The mind-body connection that comes from learning to dance Argentine Tango is like no other. Think of how it would feel to do a crossword puzzle WHILE (insert your favorite sport here). This can be quite intimidating! And to make matters worse, the sky's the limit with the amount of creativity you can add to your Tango dancing once you know the rules. It's literally the coolest thing ever to know! You see, Argentine Tango is based on walking. So, once you know how to do that with the proper technique, and on time with the music, then you have the exciting (daunting) task of knowing your options, plus what options you can provide for your dance partner. Then once you understand your options, you must execute them with precision and grace. No problem, right!? As I mentioned, if you're looking to merge the brain and the body into a fun and exciting, not to mention extremely rewarding, challenge, then Tango dancing is for you!
2. The payoff. You may be wondering at this point, "How exactly is learning to dance Tango rewarding?". Simple. With any great challenge comes rewards. First, women love a guy that is passionate and willing to work for something great-especially when that something great includes dancing. Yep, we slip right back into that Cinderella story when we picture our Prince Charming coming by and whisking us off the dance floor into a carriage as we ride off into the sunset kissing. It's all part of the love story that we all have dreamed about at one point or another. Second, women aside, knowing how to Tango is a massive confidence booster for men. It's like climbing Mount Everest or being one of the few who can solve the Rubics Cube. It's pretty darn special to know how to Tango! So few can do it well and the feeling that you get once you have it is irreplaceable.
3. Want to spice things up? Then grab your honey and take some Tango lessons together! Not only will you get to hold each other close as you learn, but you will develop a more intimate connection and means of communication between each other through your Tango journey. When times get tough, put on some Tango music and dance. You'll find yourselves falling into a trace-like state, one that will surely remove those negative feelings as you remind yourself that "It's all good!".
Knowing how to dance Argentine Tango is a gift, one that we at Dance FX Studios would love to share with you! If you live in the Phoenix East Valley, come visit us for a Newcomer's Special Offer and experience the beauty of the Argentine Tango for yourself. It's a dance with benefits abound that will keep you wanting more and more...
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
If you could do anything (I mean ANYTHING), what would you like to do as a hobby?
Now, are you that person who is ready to give me a whole list of things that you'd love to learn, or are you returning a blank stare to me through your computer screen? No matter how old you are, time certainly slips by quickly, so why put off that dream of yours to learn to dance?
If you can't remember the last time you invested in yourself or in your relationship with your sweetheart or spouse, then social ballroom dancing is for you! Self-improvement and enhancing the quality of your most intimate relationship is what learning to dance can give you. In just a few short months, you can have a skill that will boost your confidence, add more romance and even provide stress relief for you individually and as a couple. Think about how nice it would be to set aside an hour or two a week to get away from the kids and do something romantic as a couple. That is a great thing! Who knew that taking Salsa dance lessons or learning to dance the Country Two Step could give you these benefits and more? We did!
At Dance FX Studios in Mesa, Arizona, we customize all of your private dance lessons around your needs. From adding more "adult" time together, to building up your confidence so that you can lead or follow anyone on any dance floor, we will give you the tools to dance comfortably anywhere. Within each lesson, our focus will not just be on dance moves and techniques, but also on the perks that social dancing has to offer. You may not know this, but learning to Swing dance or even dance Argentine Tango also aids in a better memory as well as improved balance and coordination. These physical benefits aid in the prevention dementia and other physical deteriorations as you age. Practicing your dancing will also help with muscle memory-giving you a wonderful hobby that can last a lifetime.
As you can now see, social ballroom dancing offers so much more than one may first realize. Besides the physical and mental rewards, you can open up your social life by learning to dance. With new friends who share the same interest, you can have a healthy activity that can be used anywhere from Country bars to Latin clubs and all other social gatherings including weddings and holiday parties.
Now's the time to spice up your life through dance! Whether you want to give Country dancing a try or you want to explore sexy Latin dances like Bachata and Cha Cha, any style of dance that you learn is a great investment in you. For Phoenix East Valley residents, come visit us at Dance FX Studios. Our Newcomer's Offer is a fun way to check out how dancing can benefit you! For more information or to set up an introductory lesson, give us a call at 480-968-6177 today.
Friday, October 17, 2014
Your wedding day is just months away. Have you planned what you want to look like during your first dance yet? If not, now's the time to begin! Arizona brides and grooms, no worries! We've got you covered for wedding dance lessons here at Dance FX Studios in the Phoenix East Valley. (If you don't live in the East Valley, hop on the freeway to visit us. We can assure you that the drive will be worth it! :)) To save you some travel time, and to get the ball rolling for your wedding dance, let us share some key tips with you. Here are some common questions that we get and how we reply to them to help you out:
1. How soon should we get started on our wedding dance routine? Our reply: How smooth and natural do you want to look in front of your friends and family? If you want to appear relaxed, we recommend that you come in for a Wedding Dance Consultation and begin your dance lessons at least 3 months prior to your wedding. Dance FX Studios' Wedding Dance Consultation is just $20. In our hour-long meeting, we will help you choose the perfect song(s) as well as pin down exactly what your vision is for your first dance. Do you want to WOW your guests with a Swing dance or go for a more understated look with a slow Ballroom dance? Either way, we will customize your perfect dance just for you. No two routines are ever the same here at Dance FX Studios. Your Wedding Dance Consultation will also include a mini dance lesson so that you can get a taste of what we have to offer you. What you can expect is a fun lesson with lots of great tips on how you can really shine on your wedding day dance.
2. How often should we come in for our dance lessons leading up to the wedding? Assuming that you have no prior ballroom dance experience, we recommend that you try and come in for at least two lessons per week. Keep in mind that you must learn to dance BEFORE you can learn a choreographed wedding routine. Even on a basic level, dancing is an exciting and fun hobby for couples, but it does take a few lessons to begin feeling comfortable. If you can do more than two lessons per week, excellent! If not, we can always schedule you for a two hour lesson to save drive time. The key to learning to dance in general, on top of learning a wedding dance routine, is repetition. Your muscles will need enough time doing the same thing over and over again to make what you are learning really stick.
3. What is the cost for a wedding dance package? Great question! Wedding dance lessons at Dance FX Studios can start as low as $59 per lesson and go up from there, depending on several factors. One of those factors being your vision. The more elaborate that you would like your routine to be, the more time that you will need to learn the dance or dances. For example, a Salsa dance or Argentine Tango routine may take more time than learning to Country Two Step or slow dance. Or, if you want multiple songs fused together, you may be incorporating several different dance styles for each song. This will also take additional time and choreography, which is different from learning basic steps that are not in a set order. We will go over these factors and more during your consultation to determine what is right for you. By the end of your consultation, we will know exactly what you will need to get to your dancing goals. We will quote you at that time so that you can begin making the most out of your time leading up to the wedding.
If you're ready to begin your journey into learning to dance for your wedding, and you live in Arizona, give us a call at 480-968-6177. We are just off the 101 highway, and minutes from Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert and Scottsdale. With many years of experience under our belts, we would love to give you the one-of-a-kind dance that you have dreamed of for your wedding day. We look forward to hearing from you!
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
“I love dancing, but my boyfriend just watches on the sidelines.” “I go out dancing with my girlfriends because my husband won’t get out on the dance floor.” “It’s so much fun! Why won’t he dance with me???”
The truth is, he would love to dance with you. In fact, he would kill to be that guy who knows all the cool moves and shows you a great time out Country Two Stepping, Salsa or Swing dancing.
Then why won’t he…?
See, in the social dance scene, guys have a different role than ladies on the dance floor. In order to dance together as partners, he is the leader (= the brain) and the lady is the follower (= heart). He makes all the decisions on the dance floor, so that we can relax and have a good time. A lot of guys make it look easy, but, in their minds, they are thinking about things like…What style of dance do I do to this music? What is the mood? Is it fast and sexy or slow and sensual? What can I do next? A turn? Switch directions? A dramatic pause? Gosh, it’s so crowded!!
It’s a lot of pressure for the men out there. However, it’s not impossible. And, yes, it is a lot of fun, especially when you get to share it with someone special. Guys simply need some preparation time before they can join in the excitement of dance with you.
Here’s what your guy needs:
2. Different styles of dances and their steps. As leaders, men need an arsenal of moves to choose from to impress their partners and keep them wanting to come back for more. The last thing you want your guy to be is a "one trick pony". With private Country, Latin and Swing dance lessons, your guy can be versatile and fun to dance with every time!
3. Know how to identify music genres and styles. Guys need to KNOW what they are doing before they can do it with confidence. Being able to identify the music and what dance accompanies it is key. Once again, proper social ballroom dance lessons will give him that important information and more.
Don’t know where to get started? If you live in Phoenix, Arizona, check out Dance FX Studios in Mesa for completely customized private dance lessons. Your guy will be up and ready to hit that dance floor in no time! Our fun-filled group dance lessons are another way to pick up some cool moves before hitting the Latin clubs or Country bars. Both singles and couples are welcome, and no experience is necessary to begin learning at Dance FX Studios! Whether it’s Salsa or Country Western dancing, our instructors will break down all the cool moves you see out in the bars and clubs, and prepare you for any crowded dance floor. Give us a call at 480-968-6177 today and let us help you to discover which dances are perfect to spice up your social life.
Thursday, October 9, 2014
Salsa or Argentine Tango...you name the dance. Regardless of the style, guys, women generally want the same thing from the men with whom they are dancing. "To be swept off of their feet?", you may be wondering. Sometimes. But on the whole, there are a few key things that a guy can do to practically guarantee that she will be lining back up to dance with you again. And how nice would that be to KNOW what those missing pieces of the puzzle are so that you can strut your stuff and have her coming back for more. Let's explore...
1. Smell the part. Yes gentlemen, if you really want a second dance from the hot girl at the bar, please shower and put on just the right amount of cologne to let her know that you take care of yourself. While we all sweat from time to time, especially while dancing in the summer heat here in Arizona, there are ways to keep yourself clean and smelling good on the dance floor. A thoughtful idea is to bring a towel to wipe your brow in between dances. You can even bring a second shirt to change into in a small bag if you really get drenched while dancing it up. We ladies love to dance with you guys that aren't afraid to "shake it" and have a blast, but remember to be courteous of her so that she doesn't leave you looking like she just stepped out of the rain.
2. Put her first. Think about it, what woman wants to be upstaged by a guy on the dance floor? Men, she is the picture, you are the frame. In other words, make the dance about her-let her shine. Throw in some fun turns in that Country Two Step or Swing dance that will put a smile on her face and watch her ask YOU for another dance. It's almost a sure thing. The key to her wanting more comes from putting her first. On that note, it is also key that you are aware of her level of dance. The last thing you want to do is to attempt a flashy move that she cannot follow. How embarrassing! Take it slow, see where she's at in her dancing abilities, and then cater to her. She'll love you for it!
3. Take dance lessons first. There is nothing worse than dancing with someone who is tossing you around like a hot potato. Guys, learn to be gentlemen on the dance floor with some formal training. What you will gain from social dance lessons is the ability to lead with finesse and style. You will also discover how to dance on time with music and pick up some cool moves that feel great to her when she is dancing with you. Sounds great, right?
If you're ready to get off of the sidelines and start participating in the fun of social dancing, contact us at Dance FX Studios in Mesa, Arizona. We will give you all of the tools that you need to shine on any social dance floor. From Country bars to Latin clubs to holiday parties and those upcoming weddings, we will empower you to dance with confidence. Get started with our New Student Offer so that you can see how we teach for yourself. You're sure to have a blast, so what are you waiting for?
Tuesday, October 7, 2014
With school back in session and holiday season coming up, stress and tension abounds! From figuring out Halloween costumes to organizing Thanksgiving dinners to early present shopping, there is quite a bit to stress about. So how do you plan on relaxing through the multitude of holidays? At Dance FX Studios in Mesa, Arizona, we plan on dancing!
It's not too late for you to also join in the fun! Breeze through this holiday season with ease and holiday cheer and discover a new hobby through social dancing. It's as easy as 1-2-3! See what we mean...
1. Give us a call at 480-968-6177 to take advantage of our New Student Offer: Two 30-minute private dance lessons for just $25! This great introductory offer is for you or for you and a guest, should you decide to come in as a couple. Both singles and couples are always welcome and experience is never required to get started with dance lessons at Dance FX Studios. In your New Student Offer, you will explore the basics of cool and popular styles of social partner dancing including Salsa, Swing, and the ever-popular Country Two Step. You will also learn some useful social dancing tips that will set you up for success at those upcoming holiday parties.
2. Come check out one of our dance parties as part of a date night or with friends. At our upcoming Halloween "Boo Bash" next Saturday night on October 18th, for example, you will have a chance to let loose, meet new people and learn to dance in a beginner dance class! What a fun way to spend an evening!
3. Sign up for one of our 4- Week Group Dance Classes. You can learn to Jitterbug Swing dance, Two Step, Salsa and Country Swing in our 4-week dance classes for couples. Grab a buddy or come with your sweetie and enjoy 4 classes of fun! Dance FX Studios' 4-week dance classes are held just once a week, during the weekdays, so your weekend holiday plans will never be compromised while learning to dance! How cool is that!?
See for yourself how, when you're dancing, nothing else matters! Relax, unwind and re-boot in between planning for those holiday parties and getaways and learn to social dance with us at Dance FX Studios. We are located on the southeast corner of Dobson and Guadalupe Rds in Mesa on the border of Tempe and Chandler, AZ. Give us a call to get in on the action today! We'll see YOU on the dance floor!